Friday, April 24, 2015

Project 'Sweet Lemon'

Last week Samuel and I visited my oldest friend in her beautiful, sunlit apartment. We had just received a parcel by babaa from Spain and I was eager to put Sam into his new spring knitwear. Apparently, three kilos of lemons, two cameras, lots of light, tons of giggles, a wiggly baby and the most gorgeous spring attire make for a wonderful afternoon with more photos than I could ever sort through. We all enjoyed the unexpected warmth of the sun, the mood lifting light and a faint yet fresh lemon scent that followed us for the rest of the day. After the pictures were taken, we went out for a short walk and ice cream (lemon-cinnamon!) and Sam took a well-deserved nap.
I hope you enjoy the photos!


Samuel is wearing three of my very favourite brands, all three from Europe, all three emphasize the importance of environmentally conscious materials and are ethically produced by hand or in small quantities.
Starting at the bottom, his cute yellow moccasins are by British brand Amy+Ivor. These soft sole shoes are made from vegetable tanned leather which makes them smell amazing when you first open the box. Sam is currently learning to walk and I believe that shoes which give him the same amount of flexibility as wearing no shoes at all, are the very best call. This way, his feet aren't restricted and can develop naturally. Samuel uses his moccassins daily and on every imaginable kind of surface. We are on our second pair of Urban Moccasins and so far the quality holds up amazingly. 
Amy+Ivor just launched their first lace-up moccassin version, the Traveller, and they look so handsome, I'm super tempted to get Samuel a pair!


Macarons is all about getting it all. Perfect designs, impeccable quality, ethical, local and transparent production and in the end, the cutest and most avant-garde fashion for children. Just as sweet as the edible kind of macarons but with a lot less calories - what more do you need?
Every piece in their collection is super comfortable and still extremely sophisticated. Whenever a season launches, introducing new kinds of fabrics and colors, I can't help but buy a few pieces for my little one. So the fact that the first macarons adult clothing line will hit the stores in Fall is very exciting news and potentially dangerous for my savings account. Until then I enjoy my own, cute Samuel scented macaron all dressed up in soft, fine rib polka dots, eco-jersey and smooth cotton seersucker stripes.



Oh, babaà! If ever I had a brand crush (there is such a thing, isn't there?) it's this wonderful small line of light, Spanish knitwear. When I first discovered babaà at the beginning of last year, I couldn't believe my eyes! The styles are classic with a modern twist and surprisingly versatile.
Even though I own quite an impressive stash of babaà knitwear for Samuel and myself, I'm still surprised again and again by the look and feel every time I take a piece out of the dresser. If I had to choose a reason why I love babaà most, it's because the pieces are perfectly unisex without lacking in beauty. Soft, chunky cotton in summer and luxurious, cozy wool in winter, both in vibrant colors, that's what my knitwear dreams are made of.
Mind you, these jumpers are not your regular grand-aunt-Berta-inspired boringness, no, they are- dare I say it?- perfectly chic! I like to pair mine with a skirt and a pair of sandals or boots (temperature-dependent) and - ta-da! - I feel effortlessly dressed up but still ready for a day at the playground with an active toddler.
Whenever I put in a new order I think of all the years Samuel will be able to wear his new jumpers. These clothes are made to be passed down from generation to generation and I have no doubt that Samuel's babaà knits will look just as beautiful in ten years as they do now.



No comments:

Post a Comment